One year ago today I published this website. A few months later I started the Raising Natural Kids Facebook page. 57 posts, 30,000 all time views and almost 3,000 FB fans later, I would like to share what I have learned on my journey thus far.
1. I would never have and could never have done this without my kids, as first and foremost I do this research to make their lives as healthy and safe as I have control over.
2. I have learned many things from my Facebook fans that I would otherwise not have known, like: I can unclog the pipes that drain my bathtub by simply pouring a large pot of boiling water down the drain (I love that this worked as it was simple and free!), coconut oil (extra virgin) seems to be the cure for everything , and that you can make a homemade version of every cleaning product, skin care product and bath product out there.
3. I have learned that there are far more people out there like me than I knew and that having a community of like-minded people creates a great support system when it comes to needing/sharing advice and learning new things.
4. I have learned to be comfortable with sharing information that I once thought I’d never share with anyone, (especially mere acquaintances or strangers) like sharing some photos of me nursing my daughter and sharing my experience with my placenta (that one is still to come, but on the horizon).
5. I have learned that there are topics that really get people’s blood boiling, but that when it all comes down to it people on each side of the controversial topics are trying to do what is best for their children.
6. I have learned that there are people who really want to read what I write and I think this is AWESOME!
Special thanks to my husband and parents who afford me some time to write, my children who have had to share me with the computer at times, Wendy and Debbie who voluntarily help me to keep up with the Facebook page, offering their wisdom and kind words, and to all my friends and family members who have supported and shared what I have written. Your support has not gone unnoticed!